Dorset Race Equality Councils works with NHS Dorset, Bournemouth and Poole to provide health information of value to black and minority ethnic people living and working in the area. Current campaigns and topical information is published on the home page and recent ones can be accessed from the HEALTH link in the sidebar. For information on how to access local provision (doctors, hospitals, dentists, pharmacies) download this leaflet or visit NHS Choices and for information common ailments and their treatments visit NHS Direct.
The links below will take you to information on specific minority ethnic health issues.
- Health and Wellbeing of Travellers and Gypsies in the South
- Half a million voices – Improving support for BAME carers
- Ethnic health issues for primary care – Reading List – King’s Fund, August 2011
- Ethnicity and Health – report of the Parliamentary Office of Science and Technology January 2007 #276
- Managing Better Mental Health for BME Elders Project
- BME parents with mental health problems and their children: SCIE research briefing 29
- Cancer survival and ethnicity, 2002-2006 – Cancer Research UK
- Diabetes and ethnicity
- Sickle cell disease